Scripture Reading: Eph. 6:10-20
I. If we would know how the church can be God’s warrior to engage in spiritual warfare, we must know that in the universe there are three wills—the divine will, the satanic will, and the human will;
II. Ephesians 6:10-20 reveals that we can “fight the battle in the Body” with Christ as the constituents of God’s armor (Hymns, #885).
Extract from Witness Lee (2013). The Holy Word for Morning Revival: ENTERING INTO THE FOURTH STAGE OF THE EXPERIENCE OF LIFE TO ARRIVE AT A FULL-GROWN MAN FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF GOD’S PURPOSE. Week five. Living Stream Ministry : Anaheim, USA.
Warfare is a result of conflict between the divine will and satanic will. Because of Adam’s fall man by default is infused with satanic will. Only through repentance that man can turn from the satanic will to the divine will. We must repent for the kingdom of God to come, which is the will of God.
Eph. 6:10-11 Finally, be empowered in the Lord and in the might of His strength. Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the stratagems of the devil.
This armor is for the entire (corporate) body of Christ. To fully appreciate this armor we need to grasp the seven aspects of the armor:
(1) Girding of your loins with truth, which is for strength.
(2) Putting on the breast plate of righteousness to protect our heart.
(3) Shod your feet with the firm foundation of the gospel of peace, so one can stand.
(4) Take up the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the flaming darts of the evil one, so we are protected from the attack of Satan.
(5) Receive the helmet of salvation, which is a covering of our mind.
(6) Receive the sword of the spirit, which spirit is the word of God, so we can slice the enemy to pieces.
(7) By means of all prayer and petition praying at every time in spirit and watching unto this in all perseverance and petition concerning all the saints.
Only after accomplishing these points in the corporate way we can defeat Satan in this warfare.
This post is also available in:
French Chinese (Simplified)